Calling all Genea-Musings Followers:
It is Saturday Evening once more –
Time for some extra Family tree Enjoyable!!
Right here is your project should you select to play alongside (cue the Mission Unattainable music):
1) Do you’ve got reminiscences of your Junior Excessive Faculty (or Center Faculty) years? Please share a number of o them.
2) Inform us in your individual weblog publish, in a remark to this weblog publish, or on Fb. Make sure you go away a remark with a hyperlink to your weblog publish on this publish.
This is mine:
* I attended Theodore Roosevelt Junior Excessive Faculty in San Diego, California for the 1955, 1956 and 1957 college years (seventh, eighth and ninth grade, age 12 to 14). It was positioned on Park Blvd. and Upas Avenue within the northern a part of Balboa Park, and was adjoining to the San Diego Zoo.
* I rode the varsity bus every single day to high school – it had a set path to the varsity. I feel it value 10 cents every single day every approach. It picked me up on our nook of thirtieth Avenue and Ivy Avenue, and went north on thirtieth Avenue to College Avenue, west on College, after which south on Park Blvd. to the varsity. The trip to high school was all the time uneventful. There was additionally a faculty bus after college, reversing the route, and I took that in seventh grade and early eighth grade. Nevertheless, some bullies assaulted me in eighth grade on the bus and I finished taking it the remainder of eighth grade and ninth grade. So I rode the Route 7 metropolis bus south from the varsity to downtown after which rode the Route 2 bus east and north to my residence. I typically took the chance to discover downtown San Diego between the bus rides – town library was there and I went there to learn and discover. Then it was residence to do my homework and have household time.
* I had the fundamental English, arithmetic, historical past and science courses, plus health club, after which an elective class. I selected wooden store in seventh grade, one thing in eighth grade, Latin in ninth grade. I excelled in math, taking algebra in eighth and ninth grades. I do not recall a lot in regards to the courses or the academics. I haven’t got any report playing cards from these years.
* I used to be very shy round ladies, and by no means attended a dance or social occasion. I used to be small (lastly 100 kilos and 5 ft tall at age 16 in 1959), immature and insecure. It was a tough three years socially for me. I had buddies from my courses however did not actually hang around after college with anybody.
* These had been the years of early rock and roll music, and I beloved the songs and artists on the radio. I did not watch the TV music reveals.
* I used to be very into sports activities and adopted the minor league Padres on the radio, and attended a number of video games yearly going to the park by bus (good outdated Route 2). I watched the World Sequence video games on TV on the weekends, and began watching NFL video games too.
* These had been the years that I explored fairly a little bit of San Diego on my bicycle – in search of shops that offered baseball playing cards. I collected maps, and beloved going to new locations. One time I made it to my grandparents home on Level Loma (an excellent 10 miles away) they usually drove me residence because it was primarily uphill going again.
Frankly, I’ve tried exhausting for over 60 years to neglect my junior excessive years!
Copyright (c) 2021, Randall J. Seaver
Please touch upon this publish on the website by clicking the URL above after which the “Feedback” hyperlink on the backside of every publish. Share it on Twitter, Fb, or Pinterest utilizing the icons under. Or contact me by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.