Calling all Genea-Musings Followers:
It is Saturday Night time once more –
time for some extra Family tree Enjoyable!!
Your mission, do you have to determine to simply accept it (and I hope extra of you do than participated within the final a number of SNGF challenges), is to:
1) What was your finest household historical past or family tree discovery (or discoveries) this previous week (or month for those who select)?
2) Publish your responses by yourself weblog, in a remark to this submit, or in a Fb Standing submit. You’ll want to remark and go away a hyperlink to your submit on this submit.
This is mine:
I’ve a number of “small” however helpful ones:
* I discovered Yearbook images on Ancestry.com for my brother Scott from San Diego Excessive College in 1972-3. He was in a faculty choir and on the baseball workforce. I captured the images and despatched them through e mail to him.
* Whereas doing the 52 Ancestor submit on Thursday evening, I puzzled if Lydia (Batherick) Brigham’s father had a probate report. He did, so I downloaded 12 photos from American Ancestors and saved them to the David Batherick file folder. Sadly, it didn’t embody something (like a will or distribution) that recognized his daughter, Lydia, however I am going to use it for Amanuensis Monday with the account and stock within the property file.
* After this week’s Amanuensis Monday transcription, I used to be curious if Jonathan Forbes, the brother-in-law of Phinehas Brigham, had bought extra of the Moses Brigham property. I discovered a number of extra deeds that confirmed Forbes purchased the entire of Moses Brigham’s Jr. portion of his father’s property, and in addition Jr.’s portion of his mom’s property. Jonathan Forbes married Sarah Brigham, the oldest youngster of Moses and Lydia (Maynard) Brigham. So it seems to be just like the Brigham home “stayed within the household.” It most likely housed a lot of the household eventually by way of the loss of life of Phinehas Brigham in 1802, and even later.
* I up to date my spreadsheet listing of AncestryDNA matches famous as “Widespread Ancestors” utilizing the up to date Greg Clarke software (see Downloading My AncestryDNA Match List With Google Sheets). I now have 451 AncestryDNA ThruLines, and for the reason that software supplies the listing of Notes related to the ThruLines, I discovered one ThruLine that I had not seen earlier than. I added a Observe for that match, evaluated the road again to the Widespread Ancestor, discovered it was fairly properly documented, and added the road and the match particular person to my RootsMagic database. Now I’ve one other undertaking to search out all descendants of that line from the frequent ancestor.
The URL for this submit is:
Copyright (c) 2022, Randall J. Seaver
Please touch upon this submit on the web site by clicking the URL above after which the “Feedback” hyperlink on the backside of every submit. Share it on Twitter, Fb, Pinterest utilizing the icons beneath. Or contact me by e mail at email@example.com.