Calling all Genea-Musings Followers:
It is Saturday Night time once more –
time for some extra Family tree Enjoyable!!
Right here is your task for those who select to play alongside (cue the Mission Unimaginable music):
1) What was your individual delivery date?
2) Discover a newspaper out of your hometown, or a close-by bigger city or metropolis, that was printed on that date. What was the main headline on web page 1 of that concern of the newspaper?
3) Share your headline with us in your individual weblog publish, in a touch upon this weblog publish, or in a Fb publish.
NOTE: For individuals who haven’t got entry to digital newspapers behind a subscription wall, discover FREE digital newspapers utilizing Kenneth Marks The Ancestor Hunt web site at – https://theancestorhunt.com/newspapers.html
4) Inform us in your individual weblog publish, in a remark to this weblog publish, or on Fb. Remember to depart a remark with a hyperlink to your weblog publish on this publish.
This is mine:
My delivery date is 23 October 1943 in Nationwide Metropolis, California (a San Diego suburb).
I knew that GenealogyBank had San Diego newspapers for that point interval, so I looked for web page one in every of that version of the San Diego Union newspaper and simply discovered it:
The highest headlines are:
* Jap Subs Reported Off Coast; Planes Destroy Jungle Defenses
* Trainmen Flip Again Strike
* Tax Construction Streamlined by Home Group
* Capitalist Dies in L.A. Lodge
* Russians Slay 1500 Germans at Melitopol
And under the picture above:
* Tremendous Flat Tops Loom
* People Achieve 4 Miles In Push to Be part of Eighth Military
* Berlin Fees Kidnapping Plot
* Massive Allied Convoy in Mediterranean
* and many others.
The web page 1 information articles have been half struggle associated and half every little thing else – native, nationwide and world.
There was much more information on web page 1 in 1943 than there may be in 2021!
The URL for this publish is:
Copyright (c) 2021, Randall J. Seaver
Please touch upon this publish on the website by clicking the URL above after which the “Feedback” hyperlink on the backside of every publish. Share it on Twitter, Fb, or Pinterest utilizing the icons under. Or contact me by electronic mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.