Calling all Genea-Musings Followers:
Right here is your task, do you have to resolve to just accept it (you ARE studying this, so I assume that you just actually wish to play alongside – cue the Mission Unattainable music!):
1) This week we journey down Reminiscence Lane once more – inform us about your highschool years with solutions to 10 questions.
3. Put it in your individual weblog publish, in a remark to this publish, or in a Fb publish. Please depart a hyperlink in a remark to this publish.
Here is mine:
2. What was the college crew nickname, and what are/have been your faculty’s colours? Cavemen/Cavers, and uniforms have been Powder Blue and White. “We’re the Cavers, the mighty, mighty Cavers…”
3. What was the identify of your faculty tune, and may you continue to sing it? The Grey Fort. No, I needed to lookup the identify of the tune, not to mention the phrases. Here’s a video with pictures of the college because it was within the Sixties:
4. Did you will have a automobile? How did you get to and from faculty? No automobile till I used to be 23. I took the bus each methods. The great previous Quantity 2 bus went south down thirtieth Avenue, west on Beech, south on twenty eighth, west on B, south on twenty fifth, and west on Broadway. I bought off at twelfth and walked the 4 blocks north to highschool. I usually walked dwelling from faculty (uphill!) if my guide load wasn’t too heavy.
5. Did you date somebody out of your highschool? Or marry somebody out of your highschool? Have been you thought of a flirt? No; No; and I used to be too self-conscious to flirt. No dates till faculty. I did have desires about relationship some women. I prevented after-school occasions and dances – Mr. Wallflower didn’t know how you can dance regardless of the dreadful classes again in elementary faculty, plus each lady was taller than me in highschool.
6. What social group have been you in? I used to be within the outcast group – the nerds and geeks, with quick hair and glasses, and heavy into math, physics, chemistry, and many others. We did discuss sports activities so much. Our college was pretty properly racially built-in, however cliquish.
7. Who have been your favourite academics? Mrs. Johnsie Posey (geometry, calculus), J.O. Peterson (chemistry). Mrs. Posey had a gorgeous southern accent (it was a novelty in 1960 San Diego) and was a enjoyable and demanding trainer. She ready me properly for faculty and an engineering profession. Mr. Peterson was a bit absent-minded, and half of the category was making an attempt to make explosives within the lab.
8. What did you do on Friday nights? I attended some soccer video games within the fall in Balboa Stadium – the Cavers have been actually good! In any other case, I used to be dwelling watching TV or enjoying household video games. By highschool, I used to be into music – listening to the radio and amassing High 40 surveys.
9. Did you go to and have enjoyable on the Senior Promenade? Nope. Did not go to the promenade, though the advisors tried to line me up with a very good lady. She did not wish to go both.
10. Have you ever been to reunions, and are you planning on going to the subsequent reunion? I went to the tenth, and was basically shunned by all of the individuals I did not know. I nearly went to the 50th in 2011, however did not as a result of I figured nobody will bear in mind what anyone appeared like!
I actually hated highschool as a result of I bought picked on for being small, unathletic and good. All besides the training half – that was enjoyable!
See, that wasn’t so unhealthy, was it? Form of true confessions time. Now write a publish answering these questions in your weblog or put a touch upon this publish.
Benefit from the reminiscences! Or not…I am shocked I survived!
The URL for this publish is: https://www.geneamusings.com/2021/03/saturday-night-genealogy-fun-your-high.html