This week’s Rabbit Gap is typical for my “play time” analysis – when I’m bored and wish one thing enjoyable to curiosity me. Here’s what occurred:
1) I checked the brand new report collections on MyHeritage – lookee there, they’ve a brand new report assortment for “Connecticut Marriages” added on 15 Might 2022 – the outline says:
This assortment accommodates an index of marriage information from Connecticut in the USA from largely the primary half of the 20 th century. Information could include the primary and final names of the bride and groom, the date of the wedding, and the town the place the wedding was carried out.
2) I stated: “I’m wondering if they’ve a few of my Richmond household marriages on this assortment?” I recalled that I’ve a number of descendants of my 2nd great-grandparents, James and Hannah (Wealthy) Richmond, for whom I haven’t got an express marriage date. So I entered “Thomas Richmond” within the search fields to see what I can discover:
I haven’t got the primary one in my database, however I do have the subsequent two, and this assortment gives a wedding date and place. There isn’t any picture, however I can use this data to see if I can discover a picture.
3) As a result of this can be a by-product supply with main data and direct proof of the marriages, however is from an important information assortment, I added it to my RootsMagic (changing my “about 1923” and “about 1847” dates) profiles in my database for the 2 marriages. I sourced the date and place to the MyHeritage assortment as a result of that’s the place I discovered it. If I discover a report picture on one other web site with higher data, I’ll supply it additionally within the RootsMagic profiles.
4) I reviewed my RootsMagic file for different Connecticut marriages from this household line (they’re all my cousins) with out an actual date and located 5 or 6 extra that I can add to my database.
5) I stated: “A few of these people in my tree had been born within the 1900-1940 timeframe, however I haven’t got loss of life dates or locations for them. I’m wondering if Ancestry has loss of life dates for a few of these folks?”
6) I went to my Ancestry Member Tree (AMT) and looked for individuals from inside my AMT (that is often one of the best ways to go looking on Ancestry, IMHO) methodically down by way of the youngsters of my second great-grands, and positive sufficient there have been Connecticut loss of life information and obituaries for about 20 descendants of James and Hannah (Wealthy) Richmond. I used to be in a position so as to add a number of youngsters to their descendants as a result of there have been information for them. I added supply citations for the knowledge.
7) As an added “bonus,” I discovered a World Warfare II draft registration card for my first cousin, twice eliminated, Thomas H.M. Richmond (1902-1987), that gave me his full title as “Thomas Henry Marshman Richmond.” Marshman was the maiden title of his great-grandmother, Ann (Marshman) Richman (1788-1856) of Hilperton, Wiltshire.
8) This was a really worthwhile (effectively, no cash got here my method, however it added vital content material to my tree!) three hours down this rabbit gap, and I achieved one thing for the descendants of my 2nd great-grandparents. I like doing these “play time” free-styling searches – it retains me contemporary and often feeds my RootsMagic household tree with added content material and sources.
NOTE: I checked the Ancestry report assortment for a number of the marriages, and they’re within the Web: Connecticut, U.S., Marriage Records, 1897-1968 collection. I suppose I have never searched Ancestry effectively sufficient or checked the report hints for these people!
It is time for my afternoon snack – I purchased some extra carrots the opposite day and so they have changed my afternoon ice cream snack. I’ve to handle this bunny’s coronary heart!
Please touch upon this submit on the web site by clicking the URL above after which the “Feedback” hyperlink on the backside of every submit. Share it on Twitter, Fb, or Pinterest utilizing the icons beneath. Or contact me by e mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.