Listed here are the highlights of my household historical past and family tree associated actions over the previous week:
1) Hosted the Chula Vista Genealogical Society (CVGS) Board Assembly in a Zoom Assembly final Wednesday. Reported on the Analysis Group, DNA Curiosity Group and e-newsletter standing.
2) Wrote, edited and emailed the June 2021 concern of the CVGS Household Historical past Gazette e-newsletter:
3) Attended the San Diego Genealogical Society DNA Curiosity Group assembly, hosted by Colin Whitney. He introduced a abstract of Genetic Affairs.
4) Participated in at this time’s Mondays With Myrt webinar, and we primarily mentioned family tree software program and the brand new GEDCOM 7.0 normal. We additionally mentioned Pat’s Philly pictures and stoops, the Household Historian analysis instruments, post-grad family tree programs, quotation fashions, the Name Me John e book, picture labels and extra.
7) AncestryDNA added 75 new DNA matches this previous week, with 1 new ThruLines, and MyHeritage added 20 new DNA matches. Reviewed the brand new DNA matches on AncestryDNA, MyHeritageDNA, FamilyTreeDNA and 23andMe. Added Notes to 2 extra AncestryDNA matches with cM values, relationships and recognized shared ancestors, and added 2 ThruLines to RootsMagic.
8) There have been a number of classes working within the RootsMagic software program program to match with and replace FamilySearch Household Tree profiles for Seaver households and my ancestral households, with occasional additions to the RootsMagic profiles. I’ve matched 42,498 of my RootsMagic individuals with FamilySearch Household Tree profiles (up 99).
9) Used Internet Hints and Document Matches from Ancestry, MyHeritage, Findmypast and FamilySearch so as to add content material and supply citations to my RootsMagic profiles. I now have 63,624 individuals in my RootsMagic file (up 120), and 138,672 supply citations (up 456). I TreeShared with my Ancestry Member Tree twice this week updating 249 profiles, and I resolved 1,269 Ancestry Hints. I’ve fallen behind on the Ancestry Document Hints with 151,244 to be resolved, however I work on them nearly each day.
11) We’re nonetheless positive right here on the Genea-cave, hunkered down and never going out a lot after Week 64 of COVID-19 isolation. The Padres season continues, and they’re now 36-25 (2-5 the previous week). We watched the 7 video games on TV, and now have tickets for 11 extra video games in-person. I went to the grocery retailer on Monday and Friday. I went to the dentist on Tuesday and the bridge had not are available, so at this time I ought to get my new enamel. We watched grandson Lucas’s highschool commencement on-line. We went to indoor church on Sunday and sat within the vaccinated and maskless part. Apart from that, it was stay-at-home on the pc doing (primarily) family tree, plus consuming, sleeping, laundry, cleansing, cooking, and just a little yard work.
The URL for this publish is:
Copyright (c) 2021, Randall J. Seaver
Please touch upon this publish on the web site by clicking the URL above after which the “Feedback” hyperlink on the backside of every publish. Share it on Twitter, Fb, or Pinterest utilizing the icons under. Or contact me by e mail at email@example.com.