Listed below are the highlights of my household historical past and family tree associated actions over the previous week:
1) Hosted and moderated the Chula Vista Genealogical Society DNA Curiosity Group Assembly on Wednesday on Zoom, with 20 in attendance. I reported on the RootsTech Convention, AncestryDNA match listing modifications, and demonstrated downloading my AncestryDNA match listing to a spreadsheet. Within the second hour, a number of attendees reported on their DNA experiences.
2) Attended the Whittier Space Genealogical Society (WAGS) program on Saturday that includes Dr. Penny Walters on “Mixing DNA With a Paper Path.”
3) Attended at this time’s Mondays With Myrt webinar. Myrt’s particular company at this time have been Carol Petranek, Crista Cowan and Father Ivan from Serbia. Fr. Ivan mentioned his work and analysis with Serbian information and archives.
7) AncestryDNA added 126 new DNA matches this previous week, with one new ThruLines, and MyHeritage added 20 new DNA matches. Reviewed the brand new DNA matches on AncestryDNA, MyHeritageDNA, FamilyTreeDNA and 23andMe. Added Notes to 13 extra AncestryDNA matches with cM values, relationships and recognized shared ancestors, and added no new ThruLines to RootsMagic.
8) There have been a number of classes working within the RootsMagic software program program to match with and replace FamilySearch Household Tree profiles for Seaver households and my ancestral households, with occasional additions to the RootsMagic profiles. I’ve matched 41,134 of my RootsMagic individuals with FamilySearch Household Tree profiles (up 55).
9) Used Internet Hints and File Matches from Ancestry, MyHeritage, Findmypast and FamilySearch so as to add content material and supply citations to my RootsMagic profiles. I now have 62,289 individuals in my RootsMagic file (up 63), and 135,113 supply citations (up 353). I TreeShared with my Ancestry Member Tree twice this week updating 170 profiles, and I resolved 1,184 Ancestry Hints. I’ve fallen behind on the Ancestry File Hints with 149,434 to be resolved, however I work on them nearly each day.
11) We’re nonetheless positive right here on the Genea-cave, hunkered down and never going out a lot in Week 53 of COVID-19 isolation. I went to the grocery retailer on Monday and Friday, and it wasn’t too busy. We watched my SDSU Azrecs misplaced their NCAA basketball sport. We celebrated our 51st marriage ceremony anniversary on Sunday by going out to dinner at In ‘n’ Out and driving round city. Apart from that, it was stay-at-home on the pc doing (primarily) family tree, consuming, sleeping, cleansing, cooking, and slightly yard work (like choosing up leaves).
The URL for this submit is: https://www.geneamusings.com/2021/03/monday-genea-pourri-week-ending-22.html
Copyright (c) 2021, Randall J. Seaver
Please touch upon this submit on the web site by clicking the URL above after which the “Feedback” hyperlink on the backside of every submit. Share it on Twitter, Fb, or Pinterest utilizing the icons beneath. Or contact me by e-mail at email@example.com.