Listed here are the highlights of my household historical past and family tree associated actions over the previous week:
1) Hosted the Chula Vista Genealogical Society (CVGS) Analysis Group Assembly in a Zoom Assembly with 26 attendees final Wednesday. Reported on Household Historical past Library and San Diego FamilySearch Middle openings, the GEDCOM 7.0 announcement, MyHeritage photograph restore, most helpful on-line collections for descendancy analysis, the Name Me John guide, and posting 6 era descendant reviews.
2) Attended the San Diego Genealogical Society Program Meetingon Saturday that includes Sara Cochran, who spoke on “Two steps ahead, one step again. Is it Family tree or the Cha-Cha?” and “Hopping down the paper path!”
3) Participated in at the moment’s Mondays With Myrt webinar, and we mentioned GEDCOM 7.0, the FHL: opening, Matrivula, on-line databases, SAR contacts, Eastman’s weblog submit, and descendant charts. The query of the day was “How do you keep away from getting distracted whereas researching?”
6) AncestryDNA added 90 new DNA matches this previous week, with 2 new ThruLines, and MyHeritage added 8 new DNA matches. Reviewed the brand new DNA matches on AncestryDNA, MyHeritageDNA, FamilyTreeDNA and 23andMe. Added Notes to 2 extra AncestryDNA matches with cM values, relationships and identified shared ancestors, and added 1 ThruLines to RootsMagic.
7) There have been a number of classes working within the RootsMagic software program program to match with and replace FamilySearch Household Tree profiles for Seaver households and my ancestral households, with occasional additions to the RootsMagic profiles. I’ve matched 42,647 of my RootsMagic individuals with FamilySearch Household Tree profiles (up 149).
8) Used Net Hints and Report Matches from Ancestry, MyHeritage, Findmypast and FamilySearch so as to add content material and supply citations to my RootsMagic profiles. I now have 63,768 individuals in my RootsMagic file (up 144), and 139.026 supply citations (up 354). I TreeShared with my Ancestry Member Tree twice this week updating 368 profiles, and I resolved 1,403 Ancestry Hints. I’ve fallen behind on the Ancestry Report Hints with 151,524 to be resolved, however I work on them virtually day by day.
9) Wrote 18 Genea-Musings weblog posts final week, of which three had been press releases. The most seen submit final week was The Long Awaited GEDCOM 7.0 Is Here! with over 673 views.
10) We’re nonetheless superb right here on the Genea-cave, hunkered down and never going out a lot after Week 65 of COVID-19 isolation. The Padres season continues, and they’re now 38-29 (2-4 the previous week). We watched the 6 video games on TV, and now have tickets for 11 extra video games in-person. I went to the grocery retailer on Monday and Friday. Linda went to the attention physician and she or he could have cataract surgical procedure within the subsequent month or two. We went to indoor church on Sunday and there are just a few extra in-person attendees. Apart from that, it was stay-at-home on the pc doing (primarily) family tree, plus consuming, sleeping, laundry, cleansing, cooking, and just a little yard work.
The URL for this submit is:
Copyright (c) 2021, Randall J. Seaver
Please touch upon this submit on the web site by clicking the URL above after which the “Feedback” hyperlink on the backside of every submit. Share it on Twitter, Fb, or Pinterest utilizing the icons beneath. Or contact me by e-mail at email@example.com.