Listed below are the highlights of my household historical past and family tree associated actions over the previous week.
2) Attended the San Diego Genealogical Society DNA Curiosity Group assembly on Saturday on Zoom, with Colin Whitney presenting details about DNA Painter.
5) Participated in at the moment’s Mondays With Myrt Zoom webinar. We mentioned army service of our ancestors and family, primarily from World Warfare I and World Warfare II. I shared my grandfather’s service in 1917-191 within the U.S. Marines Reserve.
6) Transcribed a deed report in Amanuensis Monday – 1772 Deed of Norman Sever Selling Land in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts to Abel Osgood.
7) Revealed a family tree biography of 7th great-grandmother #627 Ruth (Collins) Graves (1685-1715) of Lynn, Massachusetts.
8) AncestryDNA added 34 new DNA matches this previous week, with one new ThruLines, and MyHeritage added 16 new DNA matches. Reviewed the brand new DNA matches on AncestryDNA, MyHeritageDNA, FamilyTreeDNA and 23andMe. Added Notes to three extra AncestryDNA match with cM values, relationships and recognized shared ancestors.
9) There have been a number of periods working within the RootsMagic software program program to match with and replace FamilySearch Household Tree profiles for Seaver households and my ancestral households, with occasional additions to the RootsMagic profiles. I’ve matched 45,635 of my RootsMagic individuals with FamilySearch Household Tree profiles (up 73).
10) Used Net Hints and Document Matches from Ancestry, MyHeritage, Findmypast and FamilySearch so as to add content material and supply citations to my RootsMagic profiles. The Ancestry TreeShare in RM8 doesn’t work but for my tree. I now have 66,985 individuals in my RootsMagic file (up 78), and 143,281 supply citations (up 82). I didn’t TreeShare with my Ancestry Member Tree, and I resolved 843 Ancestry Hints. I’ve fallen behind on the Ancestry Document Hints with 156,645 to be resolved, however I work on them nearly each day. I resolved 69 MyHeritage report hints including data to RootsMagic.
11) Wrote 19 Genea-Musings weblog posts the previous week, of which one was a press launch. Essentially the most considered submit the previous week was Disproving an AncestryDNA ThruLine with over 397 views.
13) I’m nonetheless superb right here on the Genea-cave, hunkered down and never going out a lot after Week 86 of COVID-19 isolation. Linda is at a reminiscence care and expert nursing facility in Chula Vista 7 miles from residence and I go to her for an hour day-after-day. The bodily therapists got here twice final week and have her up and strolling a bit with the walker. The Aztecs advert Chargers gained their video games. I went to the physician on Monday and had an ECG, plus appointments for circulation-related checks. I went to the grocery retailer on Monday and Friday. Apart from that, it was stay-at-home on the pc doing (primarily) family tree, plus consuming, sleeping, laundry, cleansing, cooking, watching TV information and sports activities, studying books, napping, and a little bit yard work.
The URL for this submit is: https://www.geneamusings.com/2021/11/genealogy-pot-pourri-week-ending-8.html
Copyright (c) 2021, Randall J. Seaver
Please touch upon this submit on the web site by clicking the URL above after which the “Feedback” hyperlink on the backside of every submit. Share it on Twitter, Fb, or Pinterest utilizing the icons beneath. Or contact me by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Powered by WPeMatico