Listed here are the highlights of my household historical past and family tree associated actions over the previous week.
1) Hosted and moderated the Chula Vista Genealogical Society Normal Assembly on Wednesday on Zoom with 61 in attendance. J. Mark Lowe offered Researching Colonial Virginia and Kentucky from Residence.” It was a superb presentation. We elected society officers for 2022 after this system.
2) Participated in as we speak’s Mondays With Myrt Zoom webinar. We mentioned the Zoom replace, Census Genie, and “What important issues must you pack for a transfer?” I listed pc, heirlooms, wall and album images, certificates pocket book, household papers, books, and monetary data. I needed to go away at 9:30 a.m., so do not know what occurred after that.
5) AncestryDNA added 31 new DNA matches this previous week, with no new ThruLines, and MyHeritage added 10 new DNA matches. Reviewed the brand new DNA matches on AncestryDNA, MyHeritageDNA, FamilyTreeDNA and 23andMe.
6) There have been a number of periods working within the RootsMagic software program program to match with and replace FamilySearch Household Tree profiles for Seaver households and my ancestral households, with occasional additions to the RootsMagic profiles. I’ve matched 46,075 of my RootsMagic individuals with FamilySearch Household Tree profiles (up 60).
7) Used Internet Hints and Report Matches from Ancestry, MyHeritage, Findmypast and FamilySearch so as to add content material and supply citations to my RootsMagic profiles. I now have 67,436 individuals in my RootsMagic file (up 49 from final week), and 143,493 supply citations (up 72). I TreeShared 139 new or modified profiles with my Ancestry Member Tree, and I resolved 593 Ancestry Hints. My new Ancestry Member Tree has Ancestry Report Hints with 22,584 to be resolved, however I work on them nearly day by day.
8) Wrote 16 Genea-Musings weblog posts the previous week, of which one was a press launch. Probably the most seen publish the previous week was Carringers in the News — District Attorney Marion Carringer Shot in 1915 in Forest County, Pennsylvania. with over 370 views.
9) I’m nonetheless tremendous right here on the Genea-cave, hunkered down and never going out a lot after Week 89 of COVID-19 isolation. Linda is at a reminiscence care and expert nursing facility in Chula Vista 7 miles from residence and I go to her for an hour on daily basis – we play Uno and he or she wins about half the time. Daughter Lori came around us on Monday and left on Friday – she embellished Linda’s room for Christmas, and made dinner for me (with leftovers). The Aztecs received and the Chargers misplaced their video games. I used to be sick with lightheadedness and nausea on Saturday, however higher on Sunday, however nonetheless actually drained. I went to the grocery retailer on Monday and Friday. Aside from that, it was stay-at-home on the pc doing (primarily) family tree, plus consuming, sleeping, laundry, cleansing, cooking, watching TV information and sports activities, studying books, napping, and somewhat yard work.
The URL for this publish is:
Copyright (c) 2021, Randall J. Seaver
Please touch upon this publish on the web site by clicking the URL above after which the “Feedback” hyperlink on the backside of every publish. Share it on Twitter, Fb, or Pinterest utilizing the icons beneath. Or contact me by electronic mail at email@example.com.