Listed below are the highlights of my household historical past and family tree associated actions over the previous week.
1) Hosted and moderated the Chula Vista Genealogical Society DNA Curiosity Group Assembly on Zoom with 33 in attendance. I reported on MyHeritageDNA Labels, Leah Larkin’s 2022 weblog submit, the Analysis Like a Professional e-book in paperback, including the MyHeritage DNA labels, updating my AncestryDNA match frequent ancestors checklist utilizing Greg Clarke’s device, and updating my AncestryDNA checklist of DNA matches.
2) Attended the San Diego Genealogical Society seminar on Saturday with 4 talks by Gena Philibert-Ortega.
3) Attended the Mondays With Myrt session right this moment on Zoom. We mentioned Pat’s images from a FSFT contact, John’s submit on Anne Frank, Dave’s adoption case, Russ’s Coast Guard images and expertise, Judy Russell’s blogs on oblique proof and on TNSTAAFL, Ancestry subscriptions prices, why share data with others, running a blog, Eastman’s way forward for family tree article, and RootsFinder.
6) Up to date my AncestryDNA and MyHeritageDNA match lists in Excel.
7) AncestryDNA added 50 new DNA matches this previous week, and there have been no new ThruLines. MyHeritage added 3 new DNA matches. Reviewed the brand new DNA matches on AncestryDNA, MyHeritageDNA, FamilyTreeDNA and 23andMe. Researched and added notes for 14 AncestryDNA matches and added one ThruLine to RootsMagic.
8) There have been a number of periods working within the RootsMagic software program program to match with and replace FamilySearch Household Tree profiles for Seaver households and my ancestral households, with occasional additions to the RootsMagic profiles. I’ve matched 47,008 of my RootsMagic individuals with FamilySearch Household Tree profiles (up 87).
9) Used Internet Hints and Report Matches from Ancestry, MyHeritage, Findmypast and FamilySearch so as to add content material and supply citations to my RootsMagic profiles. I now have 68,475 individuals in my RootsMagic file (up 114 from final week), and 144,017 supply citations (up 93). I TreeShared 229 new or modified profiles with my Ancestry Member Tree, and I resolved 933 Ancestry Hints. My latest Ancestry Member Tree has Ancestry Report Hints with 23,846 to be resolved, however I work on them nearly each day.
10) Wrote 18 Genea-Musings weblog posts the previous week, of which three have been a press launch. Probably the most considered submit the previous week was MyHeritage Announces New Free Online “Introduction to Genealogy” Course with over 192 views.
11) I’m nonetheless fantastic right here on the Genea-Cave, hunkered down and never going out a lot after Week 97 of COVID-19 semi-isolation. Linda is at a reminiscence care and expert nursing facility in Chula Vista 7 miles from house and I go to her for an hour day-after-day – we often play Uno and he or she wins about half the time. Now I’ve to have a latest COVID check to be able to go to, however missed no days final week. I went to the grocery retailer on Monday and Friday. Aside from that, it was stay-at-home on the pc doing (primarily) family tree, plus consuming, sleeping, laundry, cleansing, cooking, watching TV information and sports activities, studying books, napping, and no yard work.
Copyright (c) 2022, Randall J. Seaver
Please touch upon this submit on the web site by clicking the URL above after which the “Feedback” hyperlink on the backside of every submit. Share it on Twitter, Fb, or Pinterest utilizing the icons under. Or contact me by electronic mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.