Here are the highlights of my family history and genealogy related activities over the past week.
1) Hosted and moderated the Chula Vista Genealogical Society Research Meeting on Wednesday on Zoom. I reviewed the genealogy news for the last month, searching for deeds on FamilySearch, the FamilySearch wiki, German writing, genealogy fiction books, and my own work searching for the right Samuel Buck.
2) Watched the San Diego Genealogical Society British Isles Special Interest Group on Saturday on Zoom. Colin Whitney presented “Directories of the BI 2022.”
3) Collected, renamed and organized CVGS files for the General Meeting, Research Group, and the DNA Interest Group to put on the CVGS website.
4) Published a genealogy biography for the 52 Ancestors series for 7th great-grandmother #717 Rebecca (Gifford) Soule (1689-b1747) of Dartmouth, Massachusetts.
8) Used Web Hints and Record Matches from Ancestry, MyHeritage, Findmypast and FamilySearch to add content and source citations to my RootsMagic profiles. I now have 70,042 persons in my RootsMagic file (up 28 from 12 September), and 145,370 source citations (up 10). I TreeShared 63 new or modified profiles with my new Ancestry Member Tree, and I resolved 332 Ancestry Hints. My new Ancestry Member Tree has Ancestry Record Hints with 175,510 to be resolved, but I work on them several times a week. My MyHeritage family trees have 200,305 Record Matches in 286 sources and I work on them occasionally.
9) Wrote 15 Genea-Musings blog posts last week (Sunday through Saturday), of which one was a press release. The most viewed post last week wasGenealogy Pot-Pourri – Week Ending 12 September 2022 with over 156 views.
The URL for this post is:
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the “Comments” link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.