Do you analysis college information? I’m not speaking about yearbooks. These could be discovered on the Yearbooks Page. I’m speaking about precise college information, similar to enrollment, attendance, and grade stories for instance. These are attention-grabbing supply paperwork as a result of they may report the scholar’s age, delivery date and placement, and probably their mother and father’ names. All nice methods to seek out this data if you happen to haven’t discovered them in different paperwork about your goal ancestor. Apart from, discovering out your grandmother’s grades could be attention-grabbing!
The report assortment hyperlinks, listed beneath, characteristic college information from the state, and listing collections of information which might be accessible at no cost on-line.
In case you want to get educated with some primary data relating to what is on the market and methods to navigate your analysis for varsity information, you’ll be able to learn these summaries:
- 5 Quick Tips to Get the Most Out of Education Records
- Top 10 Strategies for Finding School Records for Genealogy
- Getting Started With School Records for Genealogy Research
So, what kinds of information associated to varsities are maintained and sometimes accessible?
- Faculty Census
- Faculty Catalogs
- Instructor’s Registers
- Attendance Data
- Report Playing cards
- Class Logs
- Instructor Rosters
- Faculty Board Conferences/Studies
- Tutorial Group and Class Images
- Native Newspaper Articles:
- Commencement Lists
- Faculty Actions
- Faculty Sports activities
- Scholar Newspapers
- Alumni Directories and Publications
- Yearbook Indexes
And, what kinds of data are you able to derive from these college information?
- Identify (typically features a center identify which is helpful).
- Bodily Traits – coloration/race, incapacity.
- Beginning Date
- Present Residence Handle
- Identify of Father
- Identify of Mom
- Occupations of fogeys
- Lessons Taken
- Actions (from Images)
- Date left college (may also help with household residence relocation)
Beneath is an inventory of hyperlinks to free on-line college report collections for the state;
Notice: A few of the hyperlinks go to websites with not a lot data and a few go to websites with an in depth set of information.
Notice: A few of the hyperlinks listed take you to a FamilySearch Assortment of digital photographs. Close to the underside of the web page below Movie/Digital Notes is the identify of every sub-collection. If there’s a digicam icon on the proper of the identify (within the Format column) then the collections’ photographs are browsable. If there’s a digicam with a key icon, it is just accessible at a Household Historical past Heart or affiliated library. If there’s a movie reel icon, then it is just accessible in microfilm format, not digital. To take full benefit, please just be sure you are logged in to FamilySearch. The outcomes could also be totally different if you’re signed in, moderately than not.
(Up to date August 2022)
- American Fork, History of the Utah State Training School
- Bountiful, School Register
- Brigham Young College, School Register, 1884-1885?
- District School at Emery School Register for 1898-9:
- History of American Fork City Schools, 1851-1950
- Hooper, Meetings and population census Hooper School
- Manti High School, Class of 1944 (fifty year reunion)
- North Cache High School, Class of ’50: 50 years later
- Piute County, Miscellaneous School Records
- Pleasant Grove Schools, Glimpses, 1850 to 1950
- Richmond Cache County, History of North Cache Seminary, 1924-1957
- Salina, North Sevier High School, Class of 1946, Celebration of the 20th anniversary
- South Cache High School, 50 year reunion, Class of ’49, 1949-1999
- South Ogden, Weber County, Burch Creek School Class Rolls
- Uintah and Ouray Agency, School Records, 1916-1954
- Utah County, Education throughout the years: a History of Pioneer Schools & Educators
- Utah State Agricultural College: a history of fifty years, 1888-1938
- Washington County, School Census Record of 10th district, 1906-1914
- Weber County, Hooper school house
- West Porterville, School Register: 1891-1902
For different Free Utah Hyperlinks, click on on the class of curiosity: Newspapers Yearbooks Births Marriages Deaths BMD Records Alumni Records Cemetery Records Church Records Criminal Records Coroner Records Directories Divorce Records Immigration Records Military Records Mortuary Records Naturalizations Obituaries Photos Probate and Wills School Records Tax Records Voter Records