Mortuary and Funeral Residence data are yet one more little used useful resource by family tree researchers. They’re troublesome to acquire, particularly in onerous copy from the unique funeral dwelling. You’ll be able to contact them, however typically, mortuaries went out of enterprise, or had been bought to a different firm. And most of the authentic data have been misplaced or destroyed.
By no means concern although, there are a selection of mortuary data which have been digitized and made out there on-line.
On-line file collections can be found from subscription websites reminiscent of Ancestry.com and My Heritage.
However there are different state and native collections out there as properly, and a few of them are indexes solely (from ledger books). And a few are free and out there on-line!
Listed below are some articles which will entice you to analysis Mortuary and Funeral Residence data:
- FamilySearch – Funeral Home Records
- Finding Funeral Home Records for Your Ancestors
- Funeral Home Records: Telling Stories of the Dearly Departed
- 15 Reasons Why Searching Mortuary and Funeral Home Records Is a Gold Mine!
Have you ever ever checked out a mortuary file? There’s an abundance of nice data out there! Here’s a checklist of among the data on such a file, apart from the model and price of the casket:
- Title of informant and individual paying for the service
- Reason for demise
- Tackle of the deceased
- Burial location “to be”
- In some circumstances – the identify of the daddy and mom
- Title of attending doctor in addition to hospital or place of demise
- Date of beginning
- Date of demise
- Date of deliberate burial
- Obituary from a number of newspapers
- Start Place
- Marital Standing
- Plus rather more
Beneath are hyperlinks to collections which are on-line and out there without cost. Remember that some collections have full mortuary data, some are glorified demise indexes, and a few are simply indexes to the precise mortuary data.
Notice 1: Most of the hyperlinks listed under take you to a FamilySearch Assortment of digital pictures. Close to the underside of the web page below Movie/Digital Notes is the identify of every sub-collection. If there’s a digital camera icon on the proper of the identify (within the Format column) then the collections’ pictures are browsable. If there’s a digital camera with a key icon, it is just out there at a Household Historical past Middle or affiliated library. If there’s a movie reel icon, then it is just out there in microfilm format, not digital.
- Aberdeen, Whiteside Mortuary, Funeral Records, 1905-2003
- Anacortes, Evans Funeral Chapel Records, volume 1-44, May 1911-Dec 1994
- Elma, Funeral home Records, 1914-2004; index, 1994 2004 funeral home Records with index
- Jefferson County, Funeral Home Records Indexes, 1913-2014
- Kitsap County, Funeral Home Records, Index, 1903-1939
- Montesano, Whiteside Mortuary, Funeral Record, 1913-1985
- Spokane Smith’s, Funeral Home Records
- Tacoma, Mountain View Funeral Home, index to lot numbers of interments, 1915-1957
- Tacoma, Mountain View Funeral Home, Interment Records, 1915-1957
Good Luck and Comfortable Searching!