Mortuary and Funeral House information are one more little used useful resource by family tree researchers. They’re troublesome to acquire, particularly in laborious copy from the unique funeral house. You’ll be able to contact them, however typically, mortuaries went out of enterprise, or have been offered to a different firm. And most of the unique information have been misplaced or destroyed.
By no means concern although, there are a selection of mortuary information which have been digitized and made accessible on-line.
On-line file collections can be found from subscription websites equivalent to Ancestry.com and My Heritage.
However there are different state and native collections accessible as effectively, and a few of them are indexes solely (from ledger books). And a few are free and accessible on-line!
Listed here are some articles which will entice you to analysis Mortuary and Funeral House information:
- FamilySearch – Funeral Home Records
- Finding Funeral Home Records for Your Ancestors
- Funeral Home Records: Telling Stories of the Dearly Departed
- 15 Reasons Why Searching Mortuary and Funeral Home Records Is a Gold Mine!
Have you ever ever checked out a mortuary file? There may be an abundance of nice data accessible! Here’s a listing of a number of the data on such a file, in addition to the model and price of the casket:
- Title of informant and individual paying for the service
- Reason for demise
- Handle of the deceased
- Burial location “to be”
- In some instances – the identify of the daddy and mom
- Title of attending doctor in addition to hospital or place of demise
- Date of start
- Date of demise
- Date of deliberate burial
- Obituary from a number of newspapers
- Delivery Place
- Marital Standing
- Plus way more
Under are hyperlinks to collections which might be on-line and accessible without cost. Bear in mind that some collections have full mortuary information, some are glorified demise indexes, and a few are simply indexes to the precise mortuary information.
Word 1: Lots of the hyperlinks listed under take you to a FamilySearch Assortment of digital pictures. Close to the underside of the web page below Movie/Digital Notes is the identify of every sub-collection. If there’s a digital camera icon on the proper of the identify (within the Format column) then the collections’ pictures are browsable. If there’s a digital camera with a key icon, it’s only accessible at a Household Historical past Heart or affiliated library. If there’s a movie reel icon, then it’s only accessible in microfilm format, not digital.
- Churchill County Records
- Elko County Records, 1863-1938
- Esmeralda County, Funeral Registers, 1906-1937
- Eureka County Records, 1864-1983
- Humboldt County Records, 1861-1983
- Lyon County Records
- Orsmby County Records
- Pahrump, Family Mortuary & Grandview Cemetery
- Reno, Ross-Burke Funeral Home Records 1904-19
- Reno, Hillside Cemetery, Burials extracted from Mortuary Records
- Storey County Records
- Washoe County Records
- Wells, Burns Mortuary, Death Records, 1863-1954
Good Luck and Comfortable Searching!