Mortuary and Funeral Residence information are one more little used useful resource by family tree researchers. They’re troublesome to acquire, particularly in onerous copy from the unique funeral residence. You possibly can contact them, however usually, mortuaries went out of enterprise, or had been bought to a different firm. And lots of the unique information have been misplaced or destroyed.
By no means concern although, there are a variety of mortuary information which have been digitized and made accessible on-line.
On-line report collections can be found from subscription websites corresponding to Ancestry.com and My Heritage.
However there are different state and native collections accessible as nicely, and a few of them are indexes solely (from ledger books). And a few are free and accessible on-line!
Listed here are some articles which will entice you to analysis Mortuary and Funeral Residence information:
- FamilySearch – Funeral Home Records
- Finding Funeral Home Records for Your Ancestors
- Funeral Home Records: Telling Stories of the Dearly Departed
- 15 Reasons Why Searching Mortuary and Funeral Home Records Is a Gold Mine!
Have you ever ever checked out a mortuary report? There’s an abundance of nice data accessible! Here’s a checklist of a number of the data on such a report, in addition to the model and value of the casket:
- Title of informant and individual paying for the service
- Explanation for loss of life
- Deal with of the deceased
- Burial location “to be”
- In some instances – the identify of the daddy and mom
- Title of attending doctor in addition to hospital or place of loss of life
- Date of delivery
- Date of loss of life
- Date of deliberate burial
- Obituary from a number of newspapers
- Start Place
- Marital Standing
- Plus rather more
Beneath are hyperlinks to collections which are on-line and accessible at no cost. Remember that some collections have full mortuary information, some are glorified loss of life indexes, and a few are simply indexes to the precise mortuary information.
Word 1: Lots of the hyperlinks listed under take you to a FamilySearch Assortment of digital photographs. Close to the underside of the web page beneath Movie/Digital Notes is the identify of every sub-collection. If there’s a digicam icon on the proper of the identify (within the Format column) then the collections’ photographs are browsable. If there’s a digicam with a key icon, it’s only accessible at a Household Historical past Heart or affiliated library. If there’s a movie reel icon, then it’s only accessible in microfilm format, not digital.
- Bozeman, Dahl Funeral Home Records, Index
- Bozeman, Dokken-Nelson Funeral Home Records, Index
- Browning, Sunset Funeral Home, Record of Funerals
- Helena, Helena Funeral Home, 1966-2005
- Mortuary Records of Butte Montana, 1901-1917
Good Luck and Completely happy Searching!