One of many major objectives for genealogists is discovering delivery, baptism, and/or christening details about their ancestors.
Over the previous few many years, because of volunteers, librarians, and archivists, a large number of indexes to delivery and baptism collections have been supplied totally free on-line. These searchable indexes present particular delivery, baptism, or christening data, and generally scanned photos of the particular delivery paperwork themselves. These free on-line collections have tens of millions of information in them in whole.
There are a large number of on-line and offline collections which will embody delivery data that isn’t included within the lists beneath. These differing types will be present in 27 Ways to Find Ancestor Birth Information
If you’re thinking about baptism indexes which will embody the delivery date in addition to baptism data, ensure and take a look at Church Records.
The lists beneath are particular delivery, baptism, and christening indexes and document collections which are accessible totally free on-line for the state.
Notice 1: Lots of the hyperlinks listed beneath take you to a FamilySearch Assortment of digital photos. In lots of instances there’s a hyperlink to the digital assortment in the midst of the web page, but additionally close to the underside of the web page beneath Movie/Digital Notes is the identify of every sub-collection. If there’s a digital camera icon on the proper of the identify (within the Format column) then the collections’ photos are browsable. If there’s a digital camera with a key icon, it’s only accessible at a Household Historical past Middle or affiliated library. If there’s a movie reel icon, then it’s only accessible in microfilm format, not digital. Please additionally be aware that I’ve listed beneath solely databases which are accessible digitally out of your pc (or pill/telephone)
Notice 2: I’ve included hyperlinks to Free Ancestry information and indexes. You do not want a subscription, however do want an Ancestry account. With out a subscription, you possibly can view indexes. If there may be a picture related to a document, generally you will want a subscription, however the index does embody very usable data.
(Up to date December 2021; just lately added hyperlinks are in BOLD):
- Allegany County, Cumberland, Birth Records: Doctor’s Birth Register, 1914-1928
- Anne Arundel County, Birth Indexes
- Baltimore Miscellaneous Births
- Baltimore, New Jerusalem or Swedenborgen, Births or Christenings, 1798-1862
- Charles County, Birth Indexes
- Charles County, A Register of Births, Marriages and Burials 1654 – 1706
- Dorchester Parish, Births or Christenings, 1743-1854
- Dorchester Parish, Births or Christenings, 1793-1822
- Dorchester, Great Choptank Parish, Births or Christenings, 1790-1875
- Forest Glen St. John’s Church Vital Records
- Garrett County, Birth Indexes
- Harford County, Birth Indexes
- Harford County, Stepney Parish, Records of 1700-1800
- Kent County Colonial Births and Marriages
- Kent County, Birth Indexes
- Maryland Births and Christenings, 1650-1995
- Maryland Records, Miscellaneous colonial, revolutionary, county and church Records 1700’s and 1800’s
- Maryland, Church Records, 1668-1995
- Maryland, Miscellaneous Source Records
- Maryland, Miscellaneous Records
- Miscellaneous BMD Records by County
- Somerset County Births, Deaths and Marriages : 1600-1720
- Somerset County, Birth Indexes
- Somerset County, Coventry Parish Vital and Parish Records, 1724-1891
- St. Marys County, Birth Indexes
- Talbot County Colonial Births, Baptisms, Marriages, and Deaths
- Talbot County, Birth Indexes
- United States Births and Christenings, 1867-1931
- Western Maryland Pioneers: Marriages, Births and Deaths
Good Luck and Blissful Looking!
For different Free Maryland Hyperlinks, click on on the class of curiosity:
Probate and Wills