Mortuary and Funeral Dwelling information are one more little used useful resource by family tree researchers. They’re troublesome to acquire, particularly in arduous copy from the unique funeral house. You’ll be able to contact them, however usually, mortuaries went out of enterprise, or had been bought to a different firm. And lots of the unique information have been misplaced or destroyed.
By no means worry although, there are a variety of mortuary information which were digitized and made obtainable on-line.
On-line report collections can be found from subscription websites corresponding to Ancestry.com and My Heritage .
However there are different state and native collections obtainable as properly, and a few of them are indexes solely (from ledger books). And a few are free and obtainable on-line!
Listed below are some articles which will entice you to analysis Mortuary and Funeral Dwelling information:
- FamilySearch – Funeral Home Records
- Finding Funeral Home Records for Your Ancestors
- Funeral Home Records: Telling Stories of the Dearly Departed
- 15 Reasons Why Searching Mortuary and Funeral Home Records Is a Gold Mine!
Have you ever ever checked out a mortuary report? There’s an abundance of nice info obtainable! Here’s a checklist of a few of the info on such a report, moreover the model and value of the casket:
- Title of informant and individual paying for the service
- Reason behind loss of life
- Handle of the deceased
- Burial location “to be”
- In some instances – the title of the daddy and mom
- Title of attending doctor in addition to hospital or place of loss of life
- Date of start
- Date of loss of life
- Date of deliberate burial
- Obituary from a number of newspapers
- Start Place
- Marital Standing
- Plus way more
Beneath are hyperlinks to collections which might be on-line and obtainable without cost. Remember that some collections have full mortuary information, some are glorified loss of life indexes, and a few are simply indexes to the precise mortuary information.
Be aware 1: Most of the hyperlinks listed under take you to a FamilySearch Assortment of digital photos. Close to the underside of the web page below Movie/Digital Notes is the title of every sub-collection. If there’s a digital camera icon on the proper of the title (within the Format column) then the collections’ photos are browsable. If there’s a digital camera with a key icon, it’s only obtainable at a Household Historical past Middle or affiliated library. If there’s a movie reel icon, then it’s only obtainable in microfilm format, not digital.
- Americus, A.N. Wise and Son Funeral Directors, Index
- Baxter Springs, Harvey and Son Funeral Home, 1887-1896
- Chasse County, Funeral Home Index, 1863-2006
- Crawford County, Frontenac, funeral home records, 1905-2014
- Ellsworth County, Cemetery and Funeral Records
- Frontenac, Friskel Funeral Home, Records, 1905-2014
- Frontenac, Funeral Home Records, 1905-2014
- Grenola, Marshall Funeral Home, Funeral Records, 1944-1953
- Inman, Henry Ennes, Funeral Register, 1905-1919
- Lawrence, C. W. Smith Mortuary, Undertaker’s Record, 1890-1908
- Lawrence, C.W. Smith, Undertaker and Embalmer, 1890-1907
- Leavenworth, O’Donnell Funeral Home
- Lindsborg, Train Funeral Home Records, Index
- McCune, Gregg Funeral Home, Funeral Registers, 1900-1926
- Moline, Rarick Funeral Home, Funeral Records, 1928-1960
- Randolph, John & William Chelander, Funeral Home Records, 1894-1919
- Sedan, Baird Funeral Home, Funeral Records, 1931-1959
- Sedan, Westlake Funeral Home, Funeral Records, 1914-1931
- Wichita, , Summaries of Records in Funeral Registers Books of A. G. Mueller, Funeral Director, 1889-1898, Wichita, Kansas, 1898-1937
- Wichita, A. G. Mueller , Funeral Registers and Indexes, 1889-1936
- Wichita, Flanagan-Hunt Funeral Home, Funeral Records
- Wichita, I. W. Gill Mortuary, Register of Deaths and Account Books
- Wichita, Maple Grove Cemetery
Good Luck and Glad Looking!