One of many fundamental objectives for genealogists is discovering delivery, baptism, and/or christening details about their ancestors.
Over the previous few a long time, due to volunteers, librarians, and archivists, a large number of indexes to delivery and baptism collections have been offered totally free on-line. These searchable indexes present particular delivery, baptism, or christening data, and typically scanned photos of the particular delivery paperwork themselves. These free on-line collections have hundreds of thousands of information in them in whole.
There are a large number of on-line and offline collections which will embrace delivery data that’s not included within the lists under. These differing types might be present in 27 Ways to Find Ancestor Birth Information
If you’re considering baptism indexes which will embrace the delivery date in addition to baptism data, make certain and take a look at Church Records.
The lists under are particular delivery, baptism, and christening indexes and file collections which are accessible totally free on-line for the state.
Notice 1: Most of the hyperlinks listed under take you to a FamilySearch Assortment of digital photos. In lots of instances there’s a hyperlink to the digital assortment in the course of the web page, but additionally close to the underside of the web page beneath Movie/Digital Notes is the identify of every sub-collection. If there’s a digicam icon on the proper of the identify (within the Format column) then the collections’ photos are browsable. If there’s a digicam with a key icon, it is just accessible at a Household Historical past Heart or affiliated library. If there’s a movie reel icon, then it is just accessible in microfilm format, not digital. Please additionally be aware that I’ve listed under solely databases which are accessible digitally out of your laptop (or pill/cellphone)
Notice 2: I’ve included hyperlinks to Free Ancestry information and indexes. You don’t want a subscription, however do want an Ancestry account. With no subscription, you may view indexes. If there’s a picture related to a file, most often you have to a subscription, however the index does embrace very usable data.
(Up to date December 2021; lately added hyperlinks are in BOLD):
- Hawaii Births and Christenings, 1852-1933
- Hawaii County Births, Marriages, and Deaths
- Hawaii Genealogy Indexes
- Hawaii State Archives, Vital Statistics Collection
- Hawaii, Birth Indexes
- Hawaiian Newspaper Index to Births pre-1950
- Honolulu County Births
- Island of Hawaii Registers of Birth, Marriage and Death, 1841-1896
- Island of Hawaii Reports of Births, Marriages, and Deaths, 1851-1896
- Kauai County Birth Records
- Maui County Birth Records
- Miscellaneous BMD Records by County
- United States Births and Christenings, 1867-1931
- Vital Statistics Collection, 1826-1929 – Maui
- Vital Statistics Collection, 1826-1929 – Oahu
- Vital Statistics Collection, 1826-1929 – Hawaii, Kauai, Molokai, and Niihau
Good Luck and Blissful Looking!
For different Free Hawaii Hyperlinks, click on on the class of curiosity:
Probate and Wills