One of many primary objectives for genealogists is discovering start, baptism, and/or christening details about their ancestors.
Over the previous few many years, due to volunteers, librarians, and archivists, a large number of indexes to start and baptism collections have been supplied free of charge on-line. These searchable indexes present particular start, baptism, or christening data, and generally scanned photos of the particular start paperwork themselves. These free on-line collections have tens of millions of information in them in whole.
There are a large number of on-line and offline collections that will embody start data that isn’t included within the lists beneath. These differing types might be present in 27 Ways to Find Ancestor Birth Information
In case you are all in favour of baptism indexes that will embody the start date in addition to baptism data, be certain that and take a look at Church Records.
The lists beneath are particular start, baptism, and christening indexes and file collections which might be out there free of charge on-line for the state.
Be aware 1: Lots of the hyperlinks listed beneath take you to a FamilySearch Assortment of digital photos. In lots of instances there’s a hyperlink to the digital assortment in the course of the web page, but additionally close to the underside of the web page below Movie/Digital Notes is the title of every sub-collection. If there’s a digital camera icon on the proper of the title (within the Format column) then the collections’ photos are browsable. If there’s a digital camera with a key icon, it is just out there at a Household Historical past Middle or affiliated library. If there’s a movie reel icon, then it is just out there in microfilm format, not digital. Please additionally observe that I’ve listed beneath solely databases which might be accessible digitally out of your pc (or pill/telephone)
Be aware 2: I’ve included hyperlinks to Free Ancestry information and indexes. You do not want a subscription, however do want an Ancestry account. With no subscription, you may view indexes. If there may be a picture related to a file, generally you will want a subscription, however the index does embody very usable data.
(Up to date December 2021; just lately added hyperlinks are in BOLD):
- Delaware Baptisms 1697-1886
- Delaware Birth Records, pre-1913 (1861-1912) – 1923
- Delaware Births and Christenings, 1710-1896
- Delaware Marriages, Baptisms, Births and Deaths Index Cards ca. 1680-ca. 1934
- Delaware State Birth Records, 1861-1922
- Delaware Vital Records, 1650-1974
- Delaware Birth Records (Certificates and Returns) 1861-1913
- Delaware, Bible Record Collection, ca. 1680-2000
- Delaware, Birth Certificates, 1921-1929; Birth Index Cards, 1913-1930
- Delaware, Birth Index, 1650-1942; Birth and Baptism Index, 1650-1913, 1650-1942
- Delaware, Births-Baptisms Index, ca. 1700-1960
- Delaware, Vital Record Index Cards, 1680-1934
- Delaware, Vital Records, 1680-1971
- Kent County Early Marriages and Births from
- Kent County, Birth Indexes
- Miscellaneous BMD Records by County
- New Castle County, Birth Indexes
- Portsville, Sussex County Book of Memorandum of Births, Marriages & Deaths (1798-1844)
- Sussex County – Miscellaneous Records
- Sussex County Prince George’s Church Births
- Sussex County, Birth Indexes
- United States Births and Christenings, 1867-1931
- Vital Records for Wilmington, Delaware and Vicinity
- Wilmington Birth Records, 1881-1919; Index, 1881-1918
- Wilmington Vital Records, 1847-1954
Good Luck and Blissful Searching!
For different Free Delaware Hyperlinks, click on on the class of curiosity:
Probate and Wills