I acquired this from Findmypast right this moment:
Findmypast are conjuring up witchcraft and wrongdoings in Scotland’s previous this week. What spine-tingling tales will you uncover?
This is what’s new on probably the most scary Findmypast Friday of the 12 months.
On this small however fascinating assortment, you’ll discover particulars on a few of these accused of witchcraft in early trendy Scotland.
1563’s Witchcraft Act made consorting with witches or participating in witchcraft a criminal offense punishable by dying in Scotland. Round 1,500 individuals have been executed, most of them ladies, till the final Scottish witch trial in 1727.
Unlock criminals and victims in your Scottish family tree with this detail-rich assortment. The information embody names, occupations, addresses and details about the crimes.
This useful resource contains jail information, precognitions and trial papers from throughout Scotland, in addition to the Fife Kalendar of Convicts. From fiends and felons to bone-chilling revelations, the place will the darkish aspect of your Scottish household story take you?
This week, Findmypast have added 19 new papers, together with 13 from Scotland. The newest arrivals embody:
- Annandale Herald and Moffat News protecting 1889-1892
- Ayr Observer protecting 1844, 1883, 1886-1887, 1889-1890 and 1892
- Bridge of Allan Reporter protecting 1890-1892
- Courier and West-End Advertiser protecting 1869-1880
- Crieff Journal protecting 1891-1892
- Dufftown News and Speyside Advertiser protecting 1898-1922 and 1935-1961
- Edinburgh Evening Dispatch protecting 1886-1892, 1894-1895 and 1897
- Edinburgh News and Literary Chronicle protecting 1848-1863
- Evening Gazette (Aberdeen) protecting 1882-1883, 1886-1889, and 1891-1892
- Glasgow Property Circular and West of Scotland Weekly Advertiser protecting 1879, 1883, 1886-1887, and 1890-1891
- London and Liverpool Advertiser protecting 1847
- London News Letter and Price Current protecting 1859-1865
- London Weekly Investigator protecting 1855-1857
- North British Advertiser & Ladies’ Journal protecting 1879, 1882-1883, 1885-1886, and 1889-1892
- Northern Advertiser (Aberdeen) protecting 1891-1892
- Scottish Leader protecting 1888 and 1890-1893
- Scottish Press protecting 1849-1850, 1852-1854, 1856-1857, 1859-1860 and 1862
- Tichborne News and Anti-Oppression Journal protecting 1872
- Town and Country Advertiser protecting 1834-1836
Whereas 15 publications have been up to date with further pages, together with:
- Aberystwyth Observer from 1898
- Greenock Herald from 1853, 1858, 1863, 1868 and 1878
- Harborne Herald from 1896
- Kentish Weekly Post or Canterbury Journal from 1726-1733, 1735-1741, 1743-1764, and 1767-1768
- Kilmarnock Weekly Post and County of Ayr Reporter from 1856-1863
- Lynn Advertiser from 1994
- Newark Advertiser from 1992
- Rhos Herald from 1898
- Seren Cymru from 1895
- South Wales Argus from 1911
- South Wales Weekly Argus and Monmouthshire Advertiser from 1898 and 1910
- St. Austell Star from 1897
- Stamford Mercury from 1916
- Suffolk and Essex Free Press from 1994
- Warminster Herald from 1858, 1870-1871, 1875-1876, 1881, and 1885-1886
Disclosure: I obtain a complimentary subscription to Findmypast, and have accepted meals and providers from Findmypast, as a Findmypast Ambassador. This has not affected my objectivity relative to Findmypast and its merchandise.
The URL for this publish is:
Copyright (c) 2021, Randall J. Seaver
Please touch upon this publish on the web site by clicking the URL above after which the “Feedback” hyperlink on the backside of every publish. Share it on Twitter, Fb, or Pinterest utilizing the icons under. Or contact me by e mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Powered by WPeMatico