That is the second put up in a sequence of exploring RootsMagic 8, which was launched on 30 September 2021. The overview put up is at Exploring RootsMagic 8 – #1 – the Main Screens.
I imported my RootsMagic 7 household tree, which is synced with my Ancestry Member Tree utilizing RootsMagic TreeShare, and I can be utilizing it for this sequence of posts.
1) On the Folks Display, I looked for Abraham Seaver within the “Index” pane search field. The search is alphabetical by final title, first title. This system gives an inventory of all individuals within the database with that title.
I selected the Abraham Seaver born in 1787 (the third one on the listing), and the “Household” pane for Abraham Seaver (1787-1964) opened:
The “Household” pane opened for me within the “Household” view (the second icon beneath the phrase “Household” on the display screen. The highlighted particular person, his mother and father, his partner, her mother and father, their youngsters, and their spouses are listed within the “Household” pane. Every particular person on the display screen above has a “Card” with their title and delivery, marriage, and loss of life info.
Be aware the WebHints icon and the FamilySearch Household Tree icon on the cardboard for every particular person on the display screen above.
2) I can Edit Abraham Seaver’s info by double clicking on his title within the “Household” view on the display screen above:
The left-hand pane of the display screen above lists the “Details” for this particular person. I observe that I’ve “Details” with “Particulars” for his Particular person, Partner, Mother and father, Teams, WebTags, Beginning, Marriage, Loss of life, Ref# and Main Identify. There are icons for Notes, Sources, Media, Duties and Addresses to the correct of the “Particulars” listing. I observe that I have already got Notes and Sources for this particular person for the Beginning, Marriage and Loss of life “Details.”
For the reason that Particular person “Truth” is highlighted, the right-hand pane of the display screen reveals the knowledge associated to the Particular person, together with the Given Identify, Surname, Prefix, Suffix, Nickname, Intercourse, Residing?, Be aware, Sources, Media, Duties, and Addresses. I can sort info into the primary 7 gadgets on that listing and might click on the right-carat (>) on the correct facet of the underside 5 gadgets to see extra details about these gadgets. Every > click on will open a brand new “slide-in” pane so I can edit the knowledge associated to that merchandise.
3) I observe that I haven’t got a Burial Truth for Abraham Seaver, and I wish to add that as a New Truth. I add the Truth by clicking the plus signal icon (+) icon on the correct facet of the row above the “Truth” and “Element” line:
5) If I’m completed including Details, I can even click on on the WebHints icon and/or the FamilySearch icon on the Particular person card (on the primary display screen of this put up) to see if there’s on-line info on Ancestry.com, FamilySearch.org, MyHeritage.com and Findmypast.com that I ought to add to the profile for this Particular person.
6) As I famous earlier than: I believe that each setting, heading and icon famous above are in RootsMagic 7, both within the icon ribbons or within the drop-down menus (as phrases). As I mentioned, there’s little or no new, however they’ve moved it throughout.
For these of us who’ve labored in RootsMagic 7 for years, the educational curve in RootsMagic 8 needs to be fairly quick. The workflow is sort of equivalent, however the navigation and the press are completely different, and there are some icons on the screens that should be explored.
Disclosure: I’ve been a paying buyer of RootsMagic family tree software program since about 2006, and bought RootsMagic 8 as an improve bundle again in 2020.
Please touch upon this put up on the web site by clicking the URL above after which the “Feedback” hyperlink on the backside of every put up. Share it on Twitter, Fb, or Pinterest utilizing the icons beneath. Or contact me by e-mail at email@example.com.
Powered by WPeMatico