Do you suppose you could have an correct household tree? Chances are high you could have some errors hiding in your loved ones tree, and MyHeritage has an amazing instrument that can assist you clear up your loved ones tree.
You’ll have imported your tree from one other program or constructed it manually on MyHeritage. Make it a behavior to repeatedly run the MyHeritage Consistency Checker to examine the well being of your loved ones tree.
Be suggested that the Consistency Checker is a part of a MyHeritage Subscription. Free accounts could view a sampling of points.
The way to Entry the MyHeritage Consistency Checker
On the MyHeritage web site with a household tree open,
- Click on on Household Tree within the prime navigation menu.
- Click on “My household tree.
- Click on on Consistency Checker.
An alternate option to entry the consistency checks seem on an ancestor’s profile web page. The immediate with a hyperlink will seem within the analysis mini-menu moreover Sensible Hints and a hyperlink to “Analysis this individual.”
As soon as the Consistency Checker masses, you may see a web page that appears very very like this one.
Chances are you’ll uncover issues in one of many 36 difficulty classes. We’ll talk about these points later.
Household Tree Issues discovered by MyHeritage Consistency Checker
MyHeritage scans our household timber for 36 points grouped into three totally different classes. I’ve included a sampling of the issues present in every class.
- Errors: You may see a purple exclamation mark icon beside points which can be clearly unsuitable.
- Start after dying
- Little one older than mum or dad
- Little one born after dying of mum or dad
- Warnings: Points with a round orange exclamation mark imply the information appears typical and probably incorrect.
- Died too outdated
- Alive however too outdated
- Mother or father too younger when having a toddler
- Mother or father too outdated when having a toddler
- Reality occurring after dying
- Reality occurring earlier than start
- Siblings with shut age
- Massive partner age distinction
- Notices: Something presumably incorrect however not essentially can have a white “i’ in a grey sq.. Relying on the tradition, the difficulty is perhaps correct.
- Demise date resembles reason for dying
- Demise place resembles reason for dying
- Siblings with identical first title
- Inconsistent final title spelling
- Inconsistent place title spelling
↪️ Do you need to dive even deeper into genetic family tree,
writing household histories, and climbing your loved ones tree? Be a part of the
FHF Xtra Premium Membership and get a wealth of unique content material.
Clear Up a Consistency Subject
MyHeritage makes it straightforward to navigate to the problems in your loved ones tree.
- Discover that every hyperlinked title within the report will take you to a web page the place you’ll be able to edit your ancestor’s profile.
- For some points, you’ll be able to repair them from the Consistency Checker web page. As an illustration, you will note a inexperienced quick-fix button to mark an ancestor as deceased who appears quite outdated. Click on this quick-fix possibility will mark your ancestor as deceased by a single click on.
- If a difficulty will not be a sound downside, ignore it with a single click on. First, hover over the advice together with your mouse. Then, whenever you see the small ‘X within the prime proper nook of the difficulty, click on the ‘X.’ The problem will not seem in future consistency experiences.
Watch the video beneath for additional directions:
The way to Detach and Reattach Household Members within the Household Tree
If you happen to uncover that an individual is hooked up to the unsuitable set of fogeys, you may have to comply with these steps. You may first take away them from the wrong dad and mom. Later, you may connect them to the proper couple.
- Click on on the kid hooked up to the unsuitable dad and mom from the household tree.
- On the profile panel, click on on the button that claims “Extra.”
- On the next menu, choose “Take away Connection.”
- On the “Take away Connection” panel, choose the wrong parental couple.
- Click on “Okay.”
This little one will not have dad and mom hooked up to their profile.
To attach them to the proper dad and mom, make sure that the couple seems within the household tree. For instance, you would possibly want so as to add a further partner to an ancestor.
As soon as the couple seems within the household tree, open the profile panel for the suitable mom.
- Click on on “Extra.”
- Choose “Connect with current individual.”
- On the “Connect with current individual” display screen, choose “Connect with a toddler.”
- Start typing the kid’s title into the search field.
- Choose the proper profile for the kid.
- Then, click on “Okay.”
The household tree will replace to attach the kid with the proper dad and mom.
↪️ Are you on the lookout for extra family tree assets?
Replace the Consistency Checker
The MyHeritage Consistency Checker does not mechanically replace. As a substitute, it’s essential to click on on the phrases “Recalculate the Report.” If the phrase doesn’t seem on the web page, use the refresh icon, which resembles an arrow in a half-circle.
The resolved points will drop off the report, and you may hold working your manner by the entire remaining issues.
Doable Causes Producing Consistency Errors
As you assessment your loved ones tree on MyHeritage and spot the problems, it’s possible you’ll uncover some causes behind the errors. Listed here are just a few that I discovered.
“A toddler was born after a mum or dad died.”
Whereas a toddler could be born just a few months after the dying of their father, it isn’t true for a few years after their dad’s dying. Likewise, it is also unattainable for a kid to be born after their mom’s dying. Usually what occurs is the kid belongs to a second spouse. Or, I’ve confused two individuals with the identical title.
“Alive However Too Outdated.”
This difficulty seems if you have not marked your individual as deceased within the MyHeritage household tree. You may resolve this difficulty in a number of methods. Choice one is to make use of the quick-fix to point the individual is deceased. The following possibility is to make use of the title hyperlinks to open the profile and add a dying date. Lastly, search MyHeritage for information that embrace a dying date.
On this video, I proceed the dialogue of the inconsistencies MyHeritage present in my household tree.