The 1950 United States Census record for the household of Fred R. Shaw in Maynard, Middlesex County Massachusetts, residing at 12 Tremont St (taken 11 April 1950), is on Sheet 16 of ED 9-377:
The Earle W. Pickford household starts on line 14 of the image (Sheet 16):
The information entered for each person in this household is:
* Line 14 of Sheet 16 – 12 Tremont, dwelling #188, is not a farm, is not on 3 acres or more.
* Line 14 of Sheet 16 (sample questions included) – Fred R. Shaw, head of household, white. male, age 41, married, born in Massachusetts, a worker, worked 48 hours last week, occupation is pharmacist, works in a drug store, a P[rivate] business. Lived in same house one year ago, was not on a farm, lived in Middlesex County, father born in England, mother born in U.S., completed 12 years of school, does not attend school, worked 52 weeks in 1949, wages in 1949 were $3600, no income from interest and rents, relatives did not earn money.
* Line 15 of Sheet 16 – Edith E. Shaw, wife, white. female, age 37, married, born in Massachusetts, keeping house, worked 0 hours last week, not looking for work, does not have a job, no occupation.
* Line 16 of Sheet 16 – Sandra Lee Shaw, daughter, white. female, age 12, never married, born in Massachusetts.
* Line 17 of Sheet 16 – David K. Shaw, son, white. male, age 5, never married, born in Massachusetts.
The source citation for this family is:
1950 U.S. Federal Census, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, Maynard, ED 9-377, Sheet 16, Household #188, Lines 14 to 17, Fred R. Shaw household; indexed database with record images, Ancestry.com (https://www.ancestry.com/ : accessed 25 September 2022).
Fred Richmond Shaw (1909-1967) was born 28 April 1909 in Leominster, Massachusetts, the son of Fred and Grace Louise (Richmond) Shaw. He died 8 April 1967 in Leominster. He married Edith Evelyn Greenough Keyes (1913-2001) on 1 June 1935 in Fitchburg, Massachusetts. Edith was born 23 March 1913 in Leominster, the daughter of Kinsman Sirus Hicks and Emma Louise (Fish) Greenough. Edith died on 19 September 2001 in Norwood, Massachusetts. They had two children, Sandra Lee Shaw (1937-2017) and David Keyes Shaw (1944-2013).
Fred Richmond Shaw is my first cousin once removed. Our common ancestors are my first great-grandparents Thomas and Julia E. (White) Richmond.
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the “Comments” link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at email@example.com.