Crispus Richards (1681-1763) is #628 on my Ahnentafel Checklist, my seventh great-grandfather, who married #629 Sarah Collins (1678-1774) in 1702 in Lynn, Essex County, Massachusetts Bay Colony.
I’m descended by:
* their daughter #9 Hattie Louisa Hildreth (1857-1920) married #8 Frank Walton Seaver (1852-1922) in 1874.
* their son #4 Frederick Walton Seaver (1876-1942) married #5 Alma Bessie Richmond (1882-1962) in 1900.
* their son #2 Frederick Walton Seaver (1911-1983) married #3 Betty Virginia Carringer (1919-2002) in 1942.
* their son #1 Randall Jeffrey Seaver (1943-living)
1) PERSON (with supply citations as indicated in brackets):
* In Oct. 1713 Crispus was chosen City Constable. On the subsequent city assembly in March 1713/14 he “Refused to serve & paid 5 kilos…and now sd Richards introduced Joseph Jacobs to serve in his Roome…& sd Crispus Richards cash Returned: sd Jacobs current & accepted.”* In Nov 1715, “Crispas” Richards was appointed a fence viewer.
* “On the similar meting october ye eighth 1722, Consideration Being had a couple of peace of Land that Chrispas Richards had Libery to fence in:”* “Whereas at ye City Assembly Could ye sixteenth 1722 the City voted that Chrispas Richards ought to Pay six pound for ye Land hee complaining that it was moar than it was value”* “Subsequently the query Being requested wheither the City would rethink that Vot of six pound and wheither he ought to have the land for 5 pound and it Pased within the affermitive and that Chrispas Richars shall Pay to the selectmen for ye use of the city 5 Kilos for ye Land which is about 100 pole.”* “Obtain of Chrispas Richards in keeping with ye City Vote 5 Pound January ye 22th 1722/23. “
* “the physique of the City Complain they’re in nice need of Bulls being Stored in sd Bounderies as hath bin in years previous that’s to say from the Nice Bridg so by the physique of the City & these close to to it with the Newmans John farringtons eben Tarbox Isaac Latherbe Capt Collins Crispus Richards & so all inside sd bounderys Besides Squir burrill & the farmes past him: Subsequently Voted that the Assessors shall on the time once they make the City Charge assess Every individual inside sd Boundery at two shillings a Cow.”
“Within the Identify of God Amen, The tenth day of April anno Domini 1756 I Crispus Richards of Lynn within the County of Essex within the Province of ye Massachusetts Bay in New England yeoman, being decaying in physique however of sound thoughts calling to Thoughts ye Mortality of physique figuring out it’s appointed for all males as soon as to die, do make & Ordain on this my final Will and Testomony, that’s to say principally and initially I like to recommend my Soul into the arms of God that gave it, and my physique I like to recommend to ye Earth to be buried in christian and respectable Method on the discretion of my Execetutor hereafter named and as touching my worldly Property I give demise and get rid of as follows: And my will is that each one my simply Money owed and funeral Costs be duly and truthfully paid by my Executor out of my Property.“Imprimis I give and bequeath to my beloved Spouse Sarah all my indoor moveable property to be at her personal Disposal and in addition the Enchancment of the one half of my actual property throughout.“Merchandise I give and bequeath to yt a number of Kids of my Son Joseph Richards dec-d (Viz) to William Richards, Joseph Richard, Mary Richards, Ebenezer Richards, Hannah Richards, Esther Richards, John Richards & Martha Richards to every of them the Sum of 1 Shilling lawfull Cash to be paid by my Executor inside two years after my decease & wifes and that to be their Portion out of my Property having given their father his portion in his life Time.“Merchandise I give and bequeath to my daughter Esther Estess one pound six shillings and eight pence to be paid by my Executor out of my Property inside one 12 months after my decease and wifes & that with what I’ve heretofore accomplished for her to be her portion out of my Property.“Merchandise I give to my daughter Sarah Ingulls one pound six shillings & eight pence to be paid by my Executor out of my Property inside two years after I & my Spouse shall decease & that with what I’ve already accomplished for her to be her Portion out of my Property.“Merchandise I give & bequeath to my grand Daughter Thankfull Stocker one pound six shillings and eight pence to be paid by my Executor out of my Property inside two years after my & wifes decease & that to be her portion Out of my Property.“Merchandise I give & bequeath to my daughter Mary Richards ye Sum of 4 Kilos per 12 months yearly each 12 months as long as she shall stay single & in Case she marries then to have one Pound six shillings & eight pence to be paid by my Executor out of my Property.“Merchandise I give to my daughter Deborah Richards ten kilos to be paid by my Executor inside one 12 months after my decease & Spouse’s & that to be her portion out of my Property with ye Priviledge of my west Chamber until married & not.“Merchandise I give devise & bequeath to my son John Richards (whom I likewise represent make and ordain sole Executor of this my final Will & Testomony) all & singular my Housing & Lands Messuages & Tenements in Lynn and elsewhere to him my sd son his heirs and Assigns ceaselessly & additionally all my out of doors moveable Property of what Identify & Nature soever to be to them & his Heirs ceaselessly and I do hereby ratify & Affirm this & no different to be my final Will & Testomony. In Witness whereof I’ve hereunto set my hand & seal,“Signed, sealed, printed, pronounced & declared by the sd hisCrispus Richards as his final Will & Testomony in Crispus x RichardsPresence of we ye Subscribers MarkWilliam Collins, Theophilus Burrill & William Watts.”
NOTE: In 2014, Amy Johnson Crow advised a weekly weblog theme of “52 Ancestors” in her weblog put up 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks on the No Story Too Small weblog. I’ve prolonged this theme in 2021 for an eighth 12 months to 416 Ancestors in 416 Weeks. The listing of 52 Ancestors biographies from my great-grandparents to the seventh great-grandparents (in work) is in https://www.geneamusings.com/p/ancestor-biographies.html.
The URL for this put up is:
Please touch upon this put up on the web site by clicking the URL above after which the “Feedback” hyperlink on the backside of every put up. Share it on Twitter, Fb, or Pinterest utilizing the icons under. Or contact me by e-mail at email@example.com.
Powered by WPeMatico