Sarah Nutting was born 29 Might 1663 in Groton, Massachusetts, the daughter of John and Sarah (Eggleton) Nutting[1,3].
Sarah married, first, in 1681 in Groton to Matthias Farnsworth, son of Matthias and Mary (Farr) Farnsworth[1-2]. That they had six kids, all born in Groton, however not all recorded there:
* Joseph Farnsworth (1682-1682)
* Ebenezer Farnsworth (1684-1724), married 1707 Elizabeth Whitney (1686-1750).
* Josiah Farnsworth (1687-1744), married 1710 Mary Pierce (1696-1740).
* Sarah Farnsworth (1688-1767), married 1720 Jonathan Shedd (1696-????)
* Matthias Farnsworth (1690-1773), married 1713 Catherine Charpentier (1696-1777).
* Jonathan Farnsworth (1693-????).
The Farnsworth household lived in Groton which suffered a number of Native American assaults within the 1692-3 time interval. The Farnsworth home was a garrison home. Matthias Farnsworth died earlier than 8 November 1693 on account of these assaults, leaving Sarah a widow with 5 babies.
The probate information for Matthias Farnsworth are in Middlesex County Probate Packet 7,257, dated 1698. His spouse, Sarah, made a list of the property, which totaled £129-14, on 8 November 1693 after which did nothing additional for 5 years till 6 December 1698 when she utilized to be appointed administratrix of the property, was appointed, and Sarah, Deacon Simon Stone and John Stone posted bond on the property. Her ultimate account was made on 6 December 1698. There are not any different papers within the probate case file that point out a distribution.
Sarah (Nutting) Farnsworth married, second, on 7 December 1698 in Harmony, Massachusetts to John Stone (1658-1735), son of Simon and Mary (Whipple) Stone of Groton[1-2,5-6]. John Stone was the identical one who was a surety on the property of Matthias Farnsworth. That they had two kids, each recorded in Groton:
* John Stone (1699-1784), married 1722 Elizabeth Farwell (1703-1762).
* James Stone (1702-1783), married 1726 Mary Farwell (1709-1804).
The demise date of Sarah (Nutting) (Farnsworth) Stone isn’t recognized. There isn’t a demise entry within the Groton important information ebook. The Discover A Grave memorial for her, which doesn’t embrace a burial location, signifies she died on 11 March 1717 in Groton. There isn’t a probate document for Sarah Stone.